Monday, October 09, 2006

Le Joie De Vie

I have a pretty special life. I'm not boasting. I want to say how thankful I am. I live in a charming garden apartment with three delightful roommates: my husband and our two daughters, both under three. My husband is working toward his ph.D. at N.U. I get to stay at home with our girls! What luxury! What pleasure!
My daughters and I get to plan our days as whimsy (and indeed sometimes necessity) leads. I have uttered exclamations of disbelief as we strolled to the nearby beach, only to find it empty several warm weekday afternoons. So we played in the sand and in the lake, and felt quite satisfied with ourselves!
We have fun together. Some days it's hard (like anything). Today has been a little hard. Both girls were weepy blobs most of the day so far. They've both just awakened from their naps, rosy cheeked and talkative. I think I'll go and enjoy their company!

1 Comments:

At 12:49 PM , Blogger Alishia said...

OH MY GOSH, I love it! The only thing missing is you saying, "My parenting words of wisdom: Regulate rest with the aid of ear plugs!"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home