Monday, October 23, 2006

Bliss Cake

I am calling this blog Bliss Cake because that's what my life is: it's like eating the perfect cake, a bliss cake in fact. It's delicious, it's beautiful, and it's got lots of frosting! Why was I given so much? It's absurd and mysterious. God is good under every circumstance. He has been unbelievably gracious to me. This life thing can be so hard for people. I am deeply saddened to see them struggling, and I am convicted by the fact that I grow "soft" as I am comfortable. God have mercy on me, a sinner.
I want to do something. I want to help those in great need, but feel ill-equipped to do so. However I heard Professor John Hare of Yale Divinity School give a message to my congregation in New Haven, CT. He talked about the principle of "providential proximity" wherein God places you where you can help those around you. Most especially we ought to be concerned with our neighbors, not only those in far away lands but those whose hurt and brokenness is right next door to us.
May God enable me to give from the innumerable riches of love and joy and peace that He has given to me. May those who enter my home feel welcomed and appreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home