Friday, January 05, 2007

Back in the Saddle

A new year: maybe it's not significant in the Great Scheme, but I for one enjoy an opportunity for a fresh start. Why not take opportunities for fresh starts throughout the year? Well, I'll tell you - I need a goal, a vision, a way to mark out part of the race. The beginning of a new year and the end of the "old" one work well in this sense.
I have a few hopes for 2007. I'd like to 1.) Give blood. It's useful to society. 2.) Take an intermediate Spanish class, and incorporate the language more into my daily verbalizations. It's a beautiful language; and why not speak two languages instead of one? 3.) Be a wise user of my money. I don't want more money, I just want to use it with some budgetary discipline. It's always the struggle, isn't it? To live within one's means.
So - welcome to the new year. Enjoy it for what it will be. When challenges come your way, may you accept them without trembling, and boldly offer your thanksgiving and requests to God.
And when reasons to celebrate come along, may you savor the joy! Peace, blessing, and cheers to a new year!

2 Comments:

At 7:27 PM , Blogger bblonde said...

I like your 'hopes', much better than 'resolutions'... got me started on mine:~))

 
At 12:44 PM , Blogger Alishia said...

BC, you're back! With tales of adventure, no doubt.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home