Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Thoughts on Three

So now I have three. Hudson is three months. Ella is 4 1/2, Lilly is almost 3. What do I think about this new addition/new rhythm in my life? It is dynamic, it is chaotic, it seems utterly and absolutely right. I cannot imagine my life without any of these little people. For the first 6 weeks of life with Hudson, I felt like I was set at the starting block of a big footrace for which I had been training for years, and then someone came along and cut my legs off. I felt ready to race but it was out of the question because I didn't have the necessary tools that I had trained with. But there was a sudden change in the wind. People who are little girls in my home settled into a disposition of having different expectations, and got used to the new sounds and routines that were ushered in. Ella and Lilly have become quite flexible, patient for the most part. Ella is in fact utterly patient, Lilly has her struggles when she needs me "NOW" or so she thinks. But the blessing of this baby's entrance is indisputable in the moments when his sisters snuggle close, caress his little head, and speak incoherences in sing-song that bring rich and sparkling smiles to his entire face. Love is all around!

1 Comments:

At 8:40 PM , Blogger Lauren Mayfield said...

Oh my lands--You're back blogging! What a beautiful writer you are, and I'm sure even a more beautiful mom. I miss you, Friend. I am glad to be able to read some of your thoughts again. I'm also glad life is treating you well right now. Miss you! Love, Lauren

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home