Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Shape of the World

Nathan read a blurb out of the NYTimes to me on Sunday which stated that terrorists are regrouping in Palestine and Afghanistan with plans to detonate a nuclear device in the U.S. This is more of a frightening aspect the more I think about it, as it is a cause championed by small terrorist "cells" all over the world. Thereby, the enemy is faceless, locationless, infinite. How do you effectively stop this enemy? How do you effectively find him?
Moreover, how do I prepare? How do I raise my children in this world? What do I teach them? How do I portray the facts without causing them to fear?
Nathan was quick to remind me that foremost, this world is not our home. It is true. And yet, I wonder what kind of life it is which labors under this as the answer to a permanent threat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home