Friday, January 12, 2007

Second Thoughts at 6 am

My mother-in-law gave us wonderful gifts for Christmas. Among them, a premiere set of flannel sheets I have never enjoyed the likes of. Think canvas for density and weight, but high thread count velvet for texture. Oh. In college my friend Alishia used to call her bed a seductress, because it beckoned wickedly to her when she was supposed to be doing homework. I used to laugh. No longer. Now, I have second thoughts about going running in the cold and dark when my alarm goes off at 6 am.

1 Comments:

At 10:27 PM , Blogger Nick said...

Yeah - I am not all sure that making my bed more comfortable is all that great of an idea. At 5:45AM the alarm goes off and I am faced with a choice. Hmmmmm ... stay in my toasty, spouse-present, down-feathered, flannel-laden, goose-down pillow-topped queen where the worries of life are far removed ... or ... uncover, get up, and face the bitter lonely elements of the day. A board would be a much better inspiration to awake from.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home